Building Your Home Office
These days it’s becoming harder to leave our work at the office, and more and more of us are finding it necessary to incorporate a Home Office space into our home’s decor.
Here are a few tips to think about when designing a Home Office space, that will help you stay relaxed and focused, so you can work more creatively and efficiently:
- Designate a spot for your Home Office: Choose a room as far away from busy social areas such as the kitchen and family room.
- Choose a desk with a large enough work surface for the tasks you will need to perform, as well as storage drawers to hold files and important items you need to access regularly.
- Choosing a comfortable office chair is very important to keep your body comfortable and relaxed, and your mind focused. An office chair on caster wheels is also a great option if you need to move around to access items from a near by credenza or bookcase.
- Storage: If the space in your room allows, having a credenza or bookcase in the room is great for added storage and organization.
- Lighting: Make sure you have the proper light fixtures for your needs. Use desk lamps for task lighting and ceiling lamps for overall lighting of the room. If your room has windows, natural sunlight is great for you, both mentally and physically, and provides an overall sense of well-being.
Large or small, whether your Home Office space will be used for running a business, catching up on office work, or just paying bills, you deserve to have a space that is as charming and comfortable as the rest of your home; and a place where you’ll actually want to burn the midnight oil!